Haiti: Options for Giving1. A worthwhile critique: Haiti, US Aid, and Humanitarian Relief
2. Labor Notes critique the corporate PR spin and for a look at how labor is rallying for Hait: Haiti: Give Here
- PARTNERS IN HEALTH: http://www.pih.org/home.html. Mission: To provide a preferential option for the poor in health care. Partners In Health (PIH) works to bring modern medical care to poor communities in Haiti and 8 other countries around the world. The work of PIH has three goals: to care for our patients, to alleviate the root causes of disease in their communities, and to share lessons learned around the world.
- The Coalition of Immokalee Workers is asking for support for a community-based organization, Zanmi Lasante. You can find more information and where to donate at the CIW’s site.
- GRASSROOTS INTERNATIONAL has set up an Earthquake Relief Fund. Grassroots International works to create a just and sustainable world by building alliances with progressive movements. GI’s primary focus is on land, water and food as human rights and nourishing the political struggle necessary to achieve these rights.
- To donate to a Haitian radical workers’ organization, Batay Ouvriye, Miami Autonomy is collecting funds via paypal. Or mail checks written to Miami Workers Center with a note “for: MAS/BO”
Miami Workers Center
6127 Northwest 7th Avenue
Miami, FL 33127-1111