The Grant Writing & Development Interns will have the opportunity to work with PCASC staff and the Grant Writing Team to assist in the areas of development and grant research and writing. Interns will be responsible for researching potential grants and soliciting other development opportunities that align with the mission and vision of the Portland Central America Solidarity Committee. Interns will collaborate with staff members to select promising funding opportunities and serve a pivotal role in pursuing these opportunities. Interns will also be involved in writing and submitting a grant to provide funding for the campaigns of PCASC.
- Assist PCASC coordinator with research on funding opportunities.
- Assist staff with written communications with funders and follow-up phone calls.
- Draft foundation grants and reports.
- Strong writing skills.
- Spanish language proficiency a plus.
- Previous grant writing experience a plus.
- Organization, detail-oriented and strong administrative skills.
- Social justice background.
Hours: 3 – 5 hours per week.
Compensation: Unpaid position but will accept inquiries for academic credit.
Start Date: Beginning ASAP, start date flexible.
End Date: 4 months minimum commitment.
How to Apply: Please email resume, cover letter and writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org