PCASC is seeking campaign interns! Join a grassroots organization and help move our work along. We are part of a national campaign taking on Wells Fargo for their investments in the private prison industry and are looking for solid, committed folks to help move the work along! Through high-profile, public actions, strategic escalation, and community outreach, we will force Wells Fargo to divest their prison stock and deal a major blow to the prison industrial complex!
- Assist PCASC coordinators with public actions and community events.
- Communicate with membership via email, social media, and our website about campaign updates.
- Research and develop analysis around the ways Wells Fargo finances private prisons and supports acist legislation.
- Assist with outreach materials and database upkeep.
- Strong personal interest in human rights and social justice advocacy.
- Strong writing skills.
Spanish language proficiency a plus.
- Organization, detail-oriented and strong administrative skills.
- Experience with open source software, WordPress, and graphic design software a plus.
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
Hours: 4 – 6 hours per week.
Compensation: Unpaid position but will accept inquiries for academic credit.
Start Date: Beginning ASAP, start date flexible.
End Date: 4 months minimum commitment.
How to Apply: Please email resume, cover letter and writing sample to email@example.com