Purpose: The Membership & Fundraising Coordinator advances the PCASC mission through reaching out to stakeholders in the community, promoting the work of PCASC, and inviting volunteers, donors, and partners to contribute financially to the organization. This position is also responsible for PCASC’s administrative duties, including accounting, database, and finance management. The Membership & Fundraising Coordinator is responsible for communications work and takes a leading role in working with the Volunteer Program Coordinator and the board of directors to ensure the financial sustainability of PCASC through fundraising activities and membership development.
Status: 20 hours per week
Reports to the Board of Directors
Benefits: 7 sick/vacation/holiday days per year (flexible schedule)
- Meet regularly with the Volunteer and Program Coordinator to coordinate shared duties, develop workplans, and provide feedback and accountability.
- Work to fulfill fundraising plans and strategic plans developed by the membership and board at planning retreats.
- Attend monthly board meetings and report on the financial health of PCASC and fulfillment of fundraising goals.
- Work with the Program Coordinator, board members, program committees, the Waffle Club fundraising committee, and volunteers to develop and implement a membership plan and fundraising activities.
- Bottom-line administrative tasks and communications for the organization.
The Membership and Fundraising Coordinator will staff PCASC’s Fundraising Committee along with the Volunteer and Program Coordinator, and will assist with recruiting, training, and coordinating volunteers to develop and implement a fundraising plan around the following key fundraising pieces:
- Membership Development: Coordinate the growth and development of our membership program with Program Coordinator, ensuring that numerical and monetary membership goals set by the Board and reflected in the budget are met.
- Grantwriting: Coordinate research and application of grant proposals which are to be written, submitted, and reported on in a timely manner; coordinate with subcommittees to write grants funding specific programs.
- Fundraising Events: Coordinate with Fundraising Committee and Program Coordinator to create yearly event fundraising calendar and implement all fundraising events, both large and small.
- Fundraising from Members: Manage bi-annual fundraising phone banks, coordinate direct mail fundraisers, including through quarterly newsletters. Manage newsletter ad sales.
- Fundraising from Unions: When appropriate, coordinate solicitation of donations from unions, along with Volunteer and Program Coordinator.
- Communications Committee: Support the work of this committee which is responsible for: weekly e-newsletters, managing the PCASC website, and coordination creation and mailing of quarterly newsletter.
- Fulfill PCASC’s accounting duties, including accounts payable and receivable, payroll taxes, and tracking of the use of funds; coordinate with the volunteer accountant and board treasurers to ensure responsible use of funds and internal financial controls.
- Create monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reports.
- Work with board to create and track the PCASC budget.
- Manage the PCASC membership database and membership dues; track income from individual donors.
- Manage individual donor program, including ensuring that donors receive thank you’s and that PCASC develops a long-term mutually beneficial relationship with donors.
- Agreement with the goals and objectives of PCASC
- Self-motivated, well-organized, with strong leadership qualities and the ability to work efficiently under minimal supervision
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with grassroots fundraising, grantwriting, event fundraising
- Experience working with communities of color and working people
- Basic computer literacy
- Willingness to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends
- Knowledge of social, political, and cultural issues of Latin America, immigrants’ rights, anti-corporate globalization work, free trade agreements
- A two-year commitment to the organization
PCASC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, dedicated to a policy of nondiscrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, veteran’s status or any other status protected under applicable local, state or federal nondiscrimination law. All applicants will be given equal opportunity and selection decisions are based on job related factors. Any person needing reasonable accommodation in the application process should so indicate.
Women and people of color encouraged to apply.
To apply for either position, application materials must be received by November 9, 2012. Interested applicants should submit (1) a Cover Letter (2) Resume (3) 3 references. Please indicate which position you are apply to in your application materials