PCASC Volunteer and Program Coordinator Job Description
Purpose: The Volunteer and Program Coordinator advances the PCASC mission through recruiting new volunteers, developing the skills and leadership capacity of volunteers, and supporting the work of program sub-committees.
Position Opening: December 2012
Status: 20 hours per week
Reports to the Board of Directors
Benefits: 7 sick/vacation/holiday days per year (flexible schedule)
- Meet regularly with other staff member to coordinate shared duties, develop workplans, and provide feedback and accountability
- Monitor program plans and strategic plans developed by the membership and board at planning retreats.
- Attend monthly board meetings and report on fulfillment of programming goals
- Build relationships with allied organizations.
- Conduct community outreach and public presentations; recruit volunteers, supporters, and organizational partners to participate in events and organizing opportunities
- Ensure that new volunteers and members are orientated to PCASC, are aware of opportunities to get involved, and that they are encouraged and supported through leadership development.
- Support the coordination of monthly membership meetings by the Membership Meeting Working Group including agenda development, outreach to committee members, and facilitation as necessary
- Monitor and support the program work of PCASC’s various subcommittees including ensuring leadership and political development opportunities for committee members
- Develop and coordinate program work through PCASC’s tri-annual program planning retreats.
- Help develop organizational and campaign outreach materials.
Fundraising and Membership Development:
- Strategically support Fundraising and Membership Coordinator by:
- When appropriate, assisting with coordinated solicitation of donations from unions.
- Supporting the growth and development of our membership program by incorporating membership program goals into organizing goals
- When needed, assisting subcommittees in researching grant funding opportunities
- Assisting on large fundraising events by helping coordinate volunteers
- Agreement with the goals and objectives of PCASC
- Self-motivated, well-organized, with strong leadership qualities and the ability to work efficiently under minimal supervision
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with grassroots community and political organizing
- Experience working with communities of color and working people
- Training or experience with anti-racism and anti-oppression work
- Extensive experience with volunteer outreach, recruitment, and coordination
- Basic computer literacy
- Willingness to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends
- Bilingual- English/Spanish
- Knowledge of social, political, and cultural issues of Latin America, immigrants’ rights, anti-corporate globalization work, free trade agreements
- A two-year commitment to the organization
PCASC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, dedicated to a policy of nondiscrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, veteran’s status or any other status protected under applicable local, state or federal nondiscrimination law. All applicants will be given equal opportunity and selection decisions are based on job related factors. Any person needing reasonable accommodation in the application process should so indicate.
Women and people of color encouraged to apply.
To apply for the position, application materials must be received by November 9, 2012. Interested applicants should submit (1) a Cover Letter (2) Resume (3) 3 references.